Excite . Explore . Experience
- Places of Interest in Phuket - Similan Islands
Places of Interest in Phuket - Similan Islands
Places of Interest, Published on 7 September 2015, Monday
Almost 85 Kms from the Phuket’s Patong beach, situated is one of the most spectacular beaches in Phuket, Thailand called as Similan Islands. Similan Island is one of the most interesting places to visit in Phuket . In local language “Similan” means Nine. There are nine small islands together named as Similan Islands. These nine islands are Ko Bon, Ko Similan, Ko Payan, Ko Payu, Ko Miang (two islands), Ko Payang, Ko Bayu and Ko Huyong.
Some distinctive features:
Among the places of interest in Phuket- Similan Island has always remained a popular destination for beach lovers and divers. In fact, Similan Islands are considered as one of the top-most destinations for divers in the world. Some of the interesting features of Similan Islands are depicted here:
- Throughout the nine islands here, low-lying dense forests are inherent parts of the Similan Islands. Jackfruit, bamboo, Gum and ironwood are found abundantly. The islands are the home for many wild animals like squirrels, languor and Monkey. Plenty of birds, some of which belong to the rare species, are found here.
- White coral sand beaches and naturally formed large- sized boulders scattered everywhere look fabulous on the islands.
- The Similan National park is the most famous diving site in the islands. The other dividing sites include Ko Bon, Ko Tachai, Six Boulder City and North Point.
- Elephant Head Rock, which is also considered as a part of Similan Islands is a popular diving spot which allures divers from all over the world.
In the list of places of interest in Phuket- Similan Islands has been still attracting thousands of tourists each year. Undoubtedly, among the most interesting places to visit in Phuket, Similan Islands have always remained a top preference for the nature loving tourists and divers.